I know I've been posting a ton about our anniversary, but I have a lot to say :) Anyhow, for our actual day, we weren't able to go out to dinner because Little Man was fighting a very nasty cold. For that matter, fifteen days later, he still has said cold. Poor little guy. Thus, we made dinner and it was so much fun! My sister recommended a yummy strip steak with wine sauce and pink peppercorn butter from the February issue of Bon Appetit. It was delish and SO EASY. Along side it we had a parsnip and celery root puree - again, delish and easy! I love that we finally had a reason to bust our our china!
Choco Hoto Pots
Makes 4 (and I will include the measurements for 6 as well in parenthesis)
Ingredients
Butter for ramekins
3/4 cup (1 1/8 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 (3) large eggs
3/4 cup (1 1/8 cup) super fine sugar (I accidentally used your standard granulated sugar and couldn't tell a difference)
3 tablespoons (4 1/2 tablespoons) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (3/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips (I know this ingredient is in here twice, just keep reading)
Instructions
Place baking sheet in an oven preheated to 400*. Butter four 2/3 cup ramekins and set aside. Using the microwave or a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and butter. Set aside to cool. In a separate bowl combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate and mix until blended. Add the second serving of chocolate chips. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 20 minutes. (Make sure top cracks or it isn't done!) The chocolate beneath will be hot and gooey. Place ramekin on a small plate to serve. We like it with vanilla bean ice cream and sliced fresh strawberries!
Bon Appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment