Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What a difference a year makes...


For our third anniversary, we decided to go to Harry's in downtown Little Apple. We don't have a wide selection of fancy shmancy restaurants to choose from in the Little Apple like we did in DC. And we certainly weren't ready to commit to a KC trip sans Little Man, so we stuck with what we know. Harry's is kind of an institution here in Manhattan and is known for great steaks. However, a girlfriend recommended the Hot Lobster Cilantro Martini as an app - I don't think I ever would have selected this off the menu as I'm not a huge lobby lobster fan. Um, it was AMAZING. Seriously. The lobby lobster is lightly battered and quick fried and then dunked in a buttery rum cilantro sauce - delish! And the waitress brought us extra bread to sop up all the yummy sauce. I wonder why I'm hanging on to those five extra pounds of baby weight. Hmmm....


So, at this point in our evening I had consumed a delicious Sidecar and was enjoying a lovely glass of proseco. And since I am still breast feeding, it really doesn't take much to make me a bit loopy...Enter my OB, NEAT! I loudly whispered to Jeremy that I thought it was my doctor which then created a rather awkward interaction with my doctor discussing dates without children. All I could think about was all of my late term OB visits. Super!


Here is a pic from our 2nd anniversary. We celebrated in style at the Blue Duck Tavern in DC - OMG. If you still live in DC and haven't been here, make reservations RIGHT NOW. And be sure to get the hand cut triple fries (they are fried three times in duck fat and are TO.DIE.FOR). You can sort of see them in the center of the table, they are served in a silver cup. And for an entree you must order the braised beef rib which is to the right. Fall off the bone deliciousness. And to finish, the apple pie. YUM.


For our first anniversary we went to the West End Bistro in DC - one of Eric Ripert's restaurants. It is an elegant take on traditional mid-atlatic/southern food. I had the above delectible dish: shrimp and cheese grits - amazing.


Oh, on the plate were the delish crab cake sliders. Man, I miss crab cakes. DC does crab cakes like no other. Sigh, I miss DC!


I thought it would be fun to end this little jaunt down memory lane with a pic from our wedding dinner - I had the John Dorry but I don't think I ate much of it!

No comments: