Isn't summer wonderful?! I am simply addicted to anything I can get my hands on at our local Farmer's Market or our farm co-op! This yummy Salad Nicoise was made with potatoes and tomatoes from our local farmer's market, and amazing, I mean simply delish, green beans from our farm co-0p. This salad is so satisfying, we had it again today for lunch, sans salmon. Yummy!
The dressing we used was from the Silver Palate - I've only made a few things out of this little gem and, oh my heavens, it has all be great! I used chives and parsley straight from our balcony herb garden :)
Our Favorie Vinaigrette
Makes 1 Cup ~ The Silver Palate
Ingredients
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Minced fresh parsley and/or snipped fresh chives to taste
1/2 cup olive oil
Instructions
1. Measure the mustard into a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and herbs.
2. Continue to whisk the mixture while slowly dribbling in the olive oil until the mixture thickens. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Cover until ready to use. (Vinaigrette is best if made just before it is to be used.) If necessary, whisk again before serving.
**For our tasty Nicoise we had red potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, eggs, salmon, olives, a little lemon (for the salmon). But you can add whatev you want! For lunch today we added cucumbers, green onions, and yellow bell peppers - all locally grown :)
2 comments:
I'm making this tonight! It looks so good.
love the colors and looks so healthy!!
Post a Comment