No pictures today - but that doesn't mean this recipe isn't worthy! This is one of my favorite dressings (and salads). However, the dressing recipe makes a boat load, so I end up using the dressing on just about every salad. SO YUMMY.
Poppy Seed Dressing and Spinach Salad
Makes 3 cups of dressing ~ from my mom (who got it from Bon Appetit)
Spinach Salad
1 pound fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces (I used baby spinach, it tastes better to me and it doesn't need to be torn up)
1 pint fresh strawberries or other seasonal fruit
1/2 cup each - walnuts and blue cheese or gorgonzola
Toss together and add poppy seed dressing just before serving
Dressing
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 onion - finely chopped
2 cups salad oil ( I use canola)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Mix together sugar, mustard, salt, vinegar, and onion in a blender. Process until onion is super small (almost liquified). With blender running, slowly add oil and continue blending until thick. Add poppy seeds and whirl a few more seconds.
Bon Appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment