Okay, after a very very long hiatus, I am back and boy do I have TONS to post! J and I have been cooking up a storm - just not making the time to share our fab recipes. Oh yes, that's right, J has been cooking too!! In fact, the recipe I am about to share has become part of his repertoire!
This tasty little number comes from "Giada's Family Dinners" - my dear, sweet, almost-married-cousin JJ got me this book and we LAAAUUUVVVEE it!
Pepperoncini Shrimp
Serves 6
48 large shrimp (about 2 pounds), peeled and deveined*
4 tablespoons pepperoncini oil (recipe follows)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the pepperocini oil. Sprinkle with slat and pepper. Saute the shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Add the cooked shrimp to the bowl with the pepperoncini oil and toss again to coat. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve.
*J and I just add the amt of shrimp we'll eat as we rarely share meals with others - something we are trying to change!
Pepperoncini Oil
Makes 1/2 cup
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoncini
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the pepperoncini and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the peperoncini and oil into a heat proof bowl and cool to room temperature.
According to Giada, this pepperoncini oil is great on any fish as well as on shrimp. She also recommends throwing the shrimp on the Barbie. I would try it, but the great county of Arlington has determined I might burn my condo down if I had a BBQ...or "grill" if you are from the East coast...
1 comment:
It is AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment