Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Michigan Mother's Day!


For Mother's Day, the J Man, O and I were in Michigan with the Stephens Clan. My sister-in-law started a tradition of taking her mom to tea at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, Michigan. Lucky me, I was included this year along with Jeremy's Aunt Vicki and cousin Becky! This was the best Mother's Day treat! It brought back wonderful memories of Christmas Teas that my best girlfriend and I used to throw in high school and college. Di and I had so much fun devising a menu (um, always the same because we loved what we had!), cooking the day before together, and then decorating a fun table! Over the years Di and I collected quite a few fun tea cups.


This was the tea cup from the Townsend; alas, I have this very tea cup in my collection! Everyone at the table had a different tea cup and plate - it was so charming! I hope that someday, Di and I can have a tea again. Alas, maybe we'll do a bridal tea when Lucy B gets married :)


So the tea sandwiches really were the stars of our afternoon tea at the Townsend. Wait, the orange cranberry scones with mascarpone cheese and lemon curd were amazing too! The sandwiches included (from left to right): Roast beef with Horseradish Cream Sauce; Shrimp Canape; Smoked Salmon; Curry Chicken Tartlet; Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese; and Cucumber Dill, (and not pictured: Hot Vegetarian Quiche and Hot Spinach and Feta wrapped in Phyllo (aka: spanikopita)).

It was a delightful 1st Mother's Day. My little Dapper Dan and I enjoyed time with family and friends while in Michigan!

No comments: