Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chocolate Sorbet

Here you go Meg! This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe.  It is rich and yummy but best eaten the day of.  So invite some friends over or half the recipe.  

Chocolate Sorbet
2 cups sugar
1 cup very good cocoa powder, such as Pernigotti (I used the Dutch cocoa powder from Penzy's Spices and it was delicious)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup brewed espresso (2 shots)
1 tbsp coffee liqueur, such as Tia Maria

In a large saucepan, mix the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in 4 cups 
water and the espresso. Cook over low heat until the ingredients are dissolved. Off the heat,
stir in the coffee liqueur. Transfer to plastic containers and refrigerate until very cold.
Freeze the mixture in 2 batches in an ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer's 
directions. The sorbet will still be soft; place it in plastic containers and freeze for an hour or 
overnight, until firm enough to scoop.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ang - I am so excited to try this out!! Thank you so much for posting it. I will totes be trying it shortly. Thanks!

And again, I am so planning a trip to Maui. This time its for reals!!!!