| The girlfriends and I walked around a beautiful little lake after our fabulous lunch at the Creekside Cellars (see Part 1). It was a perfect day! Thanks Meg! |
Oh my, it has been a while. I fully intended for Part 2 to be published fairly close to Part 1, but the summer has made me lazy! Oh wait, that is a lie. I have been packing, jetting to California to meet my new niece, packing, going to the zoo, going to the pool, saying goodbye to old friends, and packing some more! By this time next week, we will be official residents of Charlottesville, Virginia! I cannot believe our last few weeks in Kansas are coming to a close!
| Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes! |
I would call them more nutty - I could eat them everyday! Meg served them with real maple syrup, which I don't normally like. But when I tried my version at home with some Log Cabin, I will say the maple syrup takes the cake on this one. The fake stuff just didn't do it for me. My mom would be proud :)
Oatmeal Buttermilk
Pancakes
Makes 16-20 pancakes
Combine in a large bowl:
2
C old-fashioned (or quick) oats
½
C flour plus 2 Tbsp (I used whole wheat)*
3
T sugar (Meg uses less)
1
tsp baking soda
1
tsp baking powder
½
tsp salt
Whisk together in a medium bowl, then add to dry
ingredients:
2
½ C Buttermilk (I used low fat)
2
large eggs
¼
C unsalted butter, melted
1
tsp vanilla extract
Whisk all together until blended, but some small lumps
remain. Batter can be made up to 1
day ahead. Ladle batter by ¼ cupfuls onto hot skillet. Cook until bottoms are golden brown and
bubbles form on top, about 2 minutes.
Turn and cook another 2 minutes.
*Meg lives in Denver, thus this recipe is for high altitude. We added a couple extra tablespoons of flour to make them a little thicker. The recipe creates
naturally thin, "lacy" pancakes and with the altitude, more flour is
key. In case yours are too thin, feel free to add a couple extra TBSP
of flour!
| Shopping with the girlfriends. Wish I could do this every Sunday afternoon! |
2 comments:
wow, I'm starting to blush. I feel like a real blog star at this point. :) So glad you enjoyed the food - always best to share it with wonderful friends!!
Those were wonderful pancakes! I miss you all!!!!
Post a Comment