Monday, June 4, 2012

Girlfriend's Culinary Weekend - Part 1

Lunch with the girls at Creekside Cellars
Over Memorial Day weekend, my loving hubs bought me airline tickets to meet up with my 7 oldest friends for a Girlfriend Weekend!  IT WAS FABULOUS!  The last time all 8 of us were together was my wedding in 2008!



I love these ladies!  We spent the entire weekend catching up, eating, drinking delightful margs (for those who were not pregs, of course) and just enjoying spending time with one another!  Our gracious host, the other Megan, not only cooked every meal (with a smile on her face),  she also planned a little day trip for lunch in a little town in the foothills called Evergreen.  We ate at Creekside Cellars and I wish I could have lunch there every Saturday with the girls! 

I ordered the heirloom tomato caprese salad with 12 year aged balsamic reduction - holy crap.  It was AMAZING.  And I am so glad I got it just for me!!  The rest of the ladies got a fig and prosciutto panini that sounded amazing, and then it didn't as I am pregnant and my taste buds flip flop that quickly!
Katie, Meg, Di and Steph prepping the food for dinner!
 Meg made such WONDERFUL food!  This post is dedicated to the stuffed mini peppers that were delish!!!


We had them as a side dish to yummy pork tenderloin (a marinade from my mom that I have been meaning to post!) but I think they would be fabulous as an appetizer as well!


The eight of us ate every last one of these puppies...with very little guilt I might add!

Grilled Stuffed Peppers (serves 4)

1/3 C -  1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 T light sour cream
8 mini bell peppers
2 T chopped green onions, more or less
2 T chopped shallots (mild onions worked for me)
1 1/2 T lime juice

Combine all ingredients save the mini bell pepers.  Halve peppers lengthwise and discard seeds.  Divide cheese mix among pepper halves.  Place peppers on grill rack coated with cooking spray over med. heat (I used a grilling pan placed on the rack).  Grill 7 minutes or until charred.

Stay tuned for fried potatoes and oatmeal buttermilk pancakes!

Please note Steph trying to sneak into the picture!


1 comment:

Coxina said...

Yum!! I bet it's delicious raw, but grilling it makes it ridiculously good tasting!