More perfect words were never uttered by the Wicked Witch of the West - who, by the way is memorialized in the Oz Museum about 12 miles from where we now live. (There is also an Oz Winery - I will be checking it out, if only to get a bottle of wine with some striped stockings and ruby red slippers on the label - I totally buy wine by label...)
Anyhow, I fully grasp what the wise witch really meant when she said "I'm melting...melting...melting..." Since she was "born" in NE Kansas, likely in the dead middle of summer, she was melting from the combination of ridiculously high temperatures and humidity. Today's heat index: 110* - NEAT. Could it BE any hotter in the Midwest in the summer?!? Seriously, I've become a shut-in, refusing to leave my house in the middle of the day. I only go out under the cover of night or early in the morning when it is only the humidity that attacks. I cannot take it for much longer. It probably doesn't help that I am 38 weeks prego, and therefore running on high heat anyhow.
Alas, the ultimate cure for this insipid heat is Fudge Sundae Pie. No joke. We are having dinner at a friend's house tonight and she asked that I bring dessert - what better than an ice cream pie laced with fudge and peanut butter with a yummy Rice Krispy crust?! I've only made it a few times, but I can't for the life of me remember why I've not made it every week of this pregnancy. You better believe I am going to fit a few more in before this bambino makes his or her grand entrance! Thank you mammers for this tasty delight!
Fudge Sundae Pie
Crust:
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
Spray a 10 inch pie plate with Pam, or grease with butter. In a batter bowl, combine syrup, sugar and butter. Microwave until bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add Rice Krispies and mix to combine. Press mixture into a pie plate to form a crust.
Filling:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate fudge topping
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened (I've used peanut butter frozen yogurt and it is DELICIOUS!!)
Microwave peanut butter, chocolate fudge, and corn syrup until it can be mixed easily. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate/peanut butter mixture onto pie crust. Spread softened ice cream on top of chocolate/peanut butter layer. Top with remaining chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Freeze until firm. (You can also use a 9X13.)
No comments:
Post a Comment