Monday, March 16, 2009

Jeremy Cooks: Part Duex

I'm not even kidding ya'll, Jeremy made yet another delish dish!  Our agreement tonight was that he would prep the salmon, and I would take care of the details and cooking it.  Well, when I walked in the door tonight he had everything ready to go and was just waiting on me.  I think I am facing some serious competition in the kitchen.  Is it just me or is it totally hot when your man cooks for you?  I love how excited he is when he cooks for me - sigh.  I'm a lucky lady.

This recipe comes to you straight from a recipe card in my recipe basket...I have no idea where I got it.  Usually I'm pretty good about writing where the recipe comes from - but not this time.  I am assuming it is a Cooking Light master piece because I have the nutritional information at the end of the recipe...

Honey Glazed Salmon

2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (J couldn't find the ground red pep so he used red pepper flakes instead - nice kick and I highly recommend this switch-a-roo)
4 (6 oz) salmon filets (about 1" thick)
Cooking spray
Thyme Sprigs (please note how Jeremy garnished my salmon with some fresh sprigs on top - isn't he the cutest??)

Instructions

1)  Prepare grill or broiler (we actually baked it at 350* for 10 and then broiled for 5 and got a nice char on top - smelled and tasted great!)

2)  Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a small bowl.  Brush honey mixture over skinless side of fish.  Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily tested with a fork.  (We improvised and placed it on foil on a regular old super market jelly roll pan and drizzled a little olive oil - always on a quest for those healthy oils!)

Bon Appetit!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I'm going to have to try it!

Ang said...

So impressed Jeremy! This is definitely Ryan's favorite way to prepare salmon. He loves the marinade Meg! I think you gave it to me years ago and we must have it at least twice a month. Thanks for the great recipe!

Anonymous said...

We made it again the other night and it was still awesome!! love u babe!

Jeremy