Sunday, November 2, 2008

Restaurant Food...


"It tastes just like restaurant food!"  If that isn't an endorsement from our friend Liz, I don't know what is!  Liz and her husband Walter joined us for dinner and we feasted on Shrimp with Red Cream Sauce - I got this little gem from www.thepioneerwoman.com (a fantastic website devoted to all things domestic on a working cattle ranch - Liz introduced me to it!  While I love being a Soldier/Army Wife, I would love to live on a working cattle ranch practicing the science of home economics!)  Anyfood, it was a delightful evening with great friends and yummy food!

Shrimp with Red Cream Sauce

Ingredients
1 pound uncooked shrimp, tail on
1 pound penne pasta
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil

Directions
1) Heat one tablespoon each of oil and butter (everything is better with butter), add shrimp and saute until just done.  Remove from pan and set aside.  Let cool; remove tails and chop.

2) Heat remaining oil and butter (while I stand behind butter, I recommend taking it easy at this step - the other ingredients have yummy flavor that you don't want to over-power), onion, and garlic.  Saute until onion is transparent.  Add wine, let evaporate.  Add tomato sauce and heavy cream - stir to combine.  When heated through, add basil, parsley, and shrimp.

So easy and so delish!  I garnished with some freshly grated romano cheese...just in case I didn't have enough calories...


1 comment:

The Heumphreus said...

I am totally getting my mom to make this while she is here!! this sound yummers.

loved the comment on monkeys--i do that too.

love jules and the gang