I just made the best dinner for my man and I! He LOVED it. And it was so easy - seriously, from start to finish it took 30 minutes. That is my kind of meal in the middle of the week when I've been working all day!
Gorgonzola Topped Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients
1 pound pork tenderloin
Salt
Pepper
2 tsp bottled, minced garlic
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup dry red wine
Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Cooking spray (I used olive oil...)
Preparation
1. Cut the tenderloin crosswise into four medallions. Place between sturdy plastic wrap and pound down to 1 inch (I went to town and accidentally pounded it down to 1/2 inch - didn't make a difference).
2. Salt and pepper both sides of pork and rub a nice amount of garlic on both sides as well. (The recipe actually says to combine salt, pepper, and garlic to make a rub for the pork - it was easier for me to do individually.)
3. Heat your skillet to medium high with non-stick cooking spray (I drizzled olive oil as we need our "healthy oils!") Place medallions in your skillet - I browned them 3 minutes per side (if you only pound your medallions to 1 inch, the recipes says brown 5 minutes per side); or cook until desired doneness - I like my loins juicy (how gross); I HATE dried out pork. I'd rather eat packing peanuts than dried out pork. Remove from skillet and keep warm (AKA cover with foil on a plate - as the pork rests, it will continue to cook a bit).
4. Pour the beef broth and wine into your skillet and deglaze, making sure to get all the brown bits from the bottom. Reduce to 1/3 cup (about 6 minutes).
5. Spoon about 2 table spoons over your pork, and sprinkle (generously) with Gorgonzola or other blue cheese.
DELISH.
5 comments:
It was AWESOME!
Meg's Man!
I'm laughing out loud at the "Juicy loins" comment...
Megan, you are too funny. I love the salmon dish with the ranch dressing added by Jeremy...de-lish;}
ok...I just finished up with this recipe and somewhere my monster is screaming BUT YOU HATE PORK, I COULDN'T GET YOU TO EAT PORK IF I DREDGED IT IN CHOCOLATE AND TOLD YOU IT WAS YOUR EX-BOYFRIEND'S PRIVATES! That is true, I do not really like pork and when faced to chose an "other white meat" yes, usually, i will pick people, but this was an exception to the rule. And if I may be allowed to retort to the Monster in my head: YOUR PORK CHOPS WERE COOKED IN A TOASTER OVER, FOR, LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF AND THEY WERE AWFUL, NOBODY WOULD LIKE PORK AFTER EATING YOUR CHOPS. GOD. But see, I like blue cheese, wine, and, well, garlic, so I just decided to come out of my cave and try it. I did however deviate from the recipe as written a little bit...I went right ahead and seasoned it up with some multi-herb grill seasoning, used chicken instead of beef broth, and when the sauce was reducing, I threw in a few chunks of blue cheese because i don't think my thighs are quite lumpy enough today. I also made some lemon, pepper, parmesan risotto to off-set the pungent meat/cheese combo and choked down a few grilled zucchini, which were schway schway.
Hence, I endorse this recipe and will try the Jamie Oliver salmon one later this weekend. Enjoy your memorial day!
Megan dear, your blog is great, but your grammar, for a college educated person is not up to par. You made dinner for ..."my man and I?" You made dinner for I? I think it needs to me my man and me!
Post a Comment