Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Salmon with Hoisin Glaze

Um, YUM. (I think I might start most of my posted recipes with that phrase...) This was SO EASY and it was delish! The original recipe actually calls for salmon steaks - I'm not much into the steaks (nor chicken with skin and bones, in case you are wondering). I used a few salmon filets I had tucked away in the freezer and it turned out tres manufique!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. orange juice
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tsp. honey
Course salt and ground pepper
4 salmon steaks (8 to 10 oz. each), 1 inch thick

Preparation
1. Heat broiler. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey.
2. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Brush half of the hoisin sauce mixture over to coat.
3. Broil salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes.

Please note that my dear husband has added some ranch dressing on the side to dip his way-too-healthy salmon into - yucko. We tried out those ziplock mircrowave bags to steam our veggies - they were only so-so. Haven't tried them since.

Look how happy he is! Actually, I think he was annoyed that I made him pose for yet another food picture for my blog!

3 comments:

acoplen said...

Uh Oh, is he eating in front of the TV? Joel and I do that way too much. haha

The Meyers Family said...

You crack me up! I have a fabulous salmon recipe I'll have to pass along - so easy and so... Um, Yum!! Looks like you and J are having a great time. When's that trip to CO????

BusyBee said...

Hi Megan,
Love the blog! I cook salmon at least once a week so I'll have to try out this recipe.

--Carianne