Um, YUM. I was watching Jamie Oliver a few months ago and he made this delish smoked salmon that made my mouth water - even though I couldn't smell or taste anything. I recreated it, without the smoking bit as we have v. sensitive smoke detectors!! We had it last night and it was absolutely devine! Enjoy!
Ingredients:
Salmon (I did enough for two people)
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 avocado, diced
2 green onions, sliced with a little of the greens
1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
handful of cilantor (or corriander if you are Jamie Oliver)
the juice of one lime
1 red chili (Harris Teeter didn't have red chili's so I used green - not spicy enough)
Salt
Pepper
And I added a dash of cumin
Chili infused Olive Oil
Toss all but the salmon together in a bowl - it clearly makes the salsa. I had a few bites with some tortilla chips and man was it delish! Rub olive oil on both sides of the salmon, salt and pepper, and cook on the stove top until the fish flakes. Mine was pretty meaty, it took about 15-20 minutes in the thickest parts. So easy and super good for you!
2 comments:
So, do you put the salsa on top of the salmon, or do you eat it on the side?
You pile it on top the salmon and have a delish bite with every piece of fish. But, like I said, make enough for chips b/c it was damn good.
Post a Comment