So just because I have't posted anything, doesn't mean I haven't been cooking! Jeremy and I tried a delish recipe that is definitely going on our list of faves: Cod with Leeks and Tomatoes. I did a little switch-a-roo with the fish: Cod for Orange Roughy; Trader Joe's didn't have any Cod the day we decided to make it. I don't know what it tastes like with Cod, but my goodness it was FAB with Orange Roughy! The whole darn thing from start to finish took 30 minutes - so simple!!
Serves 4
2 medium leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced, rinsed well, and patted dry
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
2 table spoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 sprigs thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 12 ounces)
4 cod fillets, each 6 to 8 ounces and 3/4 to 1 inch thick
1. Preheat the oven to 450*F. In a 9-by-13 inch baking dish, toss together the leeks, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspon pepper. Cover with foil, and bake until the leeks just begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add the tomatoes, and toss to combine. Season both sides of the cod fillets with 1/2 teasponn salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place on top of the vegetables.
3. Cover the dish and bake until the fish is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparing the leeks:
Fist cut away and discard the leek's root and dark green leaves, then thinly slice the white and light green parts crosswise into rounds. Wash the leek rounds well, as dirt tends to collect in the rounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment