 |
| The annual Old Navy Flag t-shirt photo with my guys! |
So last year we went to Tahoe for the 4th of July to be with my family, so this year we headed to Tennessee to the Stephens Family Reunion in middle Tennessee (note: not central, but middle). As some of you probably saw, we did a few pit stops along the way at Mabry Mill (OMG death to the GPS for taking us down a road that I promise was right out of Deliverance) and the Great Smoky Mountains. Um, Gatlinburg is spectacular and I can't wait to go back. So super cheesy and wonderful. I wish we had an extra night there!
 |
| Last year with all the cousins in Tahoe - they have all grown WAY TOO FAST. | |
|
 |
| So I know these don't really speak to you, but they were spectacular. This picture was taken from our balcony in Gatlinburg. |
 |
| We drove all the way to the top and made a stop to watch the clouds move in - it was GORGEOUS. |
We hoped to find some bears, but sadly, all we saw was a little teeny tiny crawdad. Honestly, I was hoping at least for a deer. But we failed in our mission. We did a tiny hike to a water fall and let the boys climb around a bit. And then we were off to see "Gama and Gampa" as Elliott calls them.
Jamestown, Tennessee is seriously in the middle of nowhere. And I stake that claim on the fact that I had ZERO cellular service the entire time we were there - including in town. Now this was actually really great. I think I need to take more cell breaks - leaving my phone behind was really freeing!
 |
| Coplen cousins (and Joel)! |
|
|
|
|
We spent much needed outside time with cousins: lighting off fireworks, catching fireflies and frogs, roasting marsh mellows, playing in the jacuzzi, and just having fun outside!
 |
Owen and Elliott were lucky to spend time with Aunt Katie and Uncle Zac along with G&G - spoiled much?
|
 |
| The cabins we stayed in were right by several horse farms. The boys were so excited to feed them! |
Okay, this post is really just for my mom so she can see what we were up to - sorry for the picture overload. We ended our Tennessee adventure with a kid-free trip to Nashvegas! We stayed at the Omni - the rooftop pool was totally worth it. And ate on Broadway at Merchants. YUM to all of it. Except fried green tomatoes. I just can't get behind them.
 |
| The tater tots were fried in duck fat. I'm sorry but they really blew the Trader Joe tots out of the water. |
Anyfood, this wasn't really a culinary adventure in Tennessee - we were feeding our souls full of family and our hearts are overflowing.
 |
| I can't even tell you how full my heart is. These guys. FULL. |
1 comment:
I love you dearly, but you are dead wrong on fried green tomatoes.
Post a Comment