I barbequed (or grilled if you aren't from California) these babies all by myself (with telephone conference from the hubs) and they turned out PERFECT. Seriously, never had better grilled chicken! So juicy and tasty and perfect for getting me out of my failure to cook slump!
Rosemary-Garlic Chicken with Lemon
Zov: Recipes and Memories from the Heart ~ serves 8
Ingredients
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil
8 boneless chicken breasts (w/ skin on - however, I just use 4 boneless skinless from Sam's or Costco and I fillet them to make 8)
Italian parsley or rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Lemon wedge for garnish
Instructions
Whisk the lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup oil in a large bowl to blend. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. (I do it all in a gallon ziploc). Cover and refrigerate, tossing occasionally, for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days (I do at least 24 hours.)
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat. Grill the chicken breasts until they are just cooked through the golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Garnish with the parsley or rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.
Cook's Notes (from Zov, not me)
When grilling the chicken, position the rack fairly close the the heat source to help seal in the juices that keep the chicken tender and succulent. A chicken breast is cooked perfectly when it reaches 160*F (use and instant-read meat thermometer). If you exceed the temperature, the chicken is considered overcooked and will most likely yield a stringing or rubbery texture.
The marinated chicken is also delicious when broiled
Try using bold flavors in your marinade such as lime juice, more garlic, or more fresh thyme.
1 comment:
Sounds delish, Meg! Cooking is definitely more therapeutic for me when I'm grilling outside in a beautiful place, or making cookies and quality-checking the dough.
Post a Comment