So this is my very favorite new face that Owen makes. He makes it when he is thinking about his next move in life. In this particular instance, he was thinking very hard about where he was going to throw his handful of acorns that we collected on our little hike in Shenandoah National Park.
We took Jeremy's parents on a little hike (ha! look how flat this "hike" is - isn't it amazing??) and a picnic. Owen LOVED hiking with Grandma and Grandpa and walking almost the entire 1.3 mile loop!
Little Mister even picked up a hiking stick that Grandpa carved his name into :)
On this particular hike, Grandpa was the Dear Spotter - seriously. My father-in-law has mad dear-spotting skills and pointed out about 5 deer. And they are so not afraid of the human-kind. This little guy walked right past us!
| Owen and the ladies :) |
Anyfood, the whole point of this post is to share a Pinterest success. I had been wanting to try German Pancakes because they looked vaguely like my family's Curly Pancake recipe. BUT, they are baked and not fried in shortening...which is the key ingredient in making Curly Pancakes curly and thus only made once in a blue moon. Not only are they saturated in grease but the kitchen is a beast to clean up after frying all of that doughy goodness. Enter baked-pancakes and you have a healthier version with very little clean-up!
The German Pancakes were similar in consistency, super easy, and they received
two thumbs up from both of my boys. If I knew more about the science of
food, I would play with the batter and figure out how to get a little
different texture but I am completely clueless in that respect. I guess
I will wait for my mom to get here in a week and a half and see if we
can come up with something!
German Pancakes
Source: www.tastesbetterfromscratch.blogspot.com via Pinterest
Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
dash of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp butter
*Optional: dash or two of cinnamon - I am addicted to cinnamon in anything and everything!
Instructions
Preheat oven to 425*. As
oven pre-heats, put the butter in an ungreased 8 x 8 baking dish
and place in oven, just until melted.
Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth (I just whisked mine together in a bowl as I hate cleaning my blender). Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and puffy.
When done, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Happy Breakfast!
| How fabulous is this heart-shaped stump? I Heart it :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment