Yay for baby number two at 20 weeks! This little nugget is rocking my world! He or she is kicking up a storm these days. And Jeremy finally got to feel the kicks - my favorite part! B2 is still set to enter the world on or about August 28th - my gram's b-day along with a dear friend :) If B2 is just a few days early, he/she will share a b-day with my cousin. August is a popular month!
And here is my other August baby- at 20 months! This was his first experience with dandelions - he doesn't quite have the lung power to blow on them yet...
Belly at 20 weeks - just like last time, it is taking some serious time before I pop! I have *slightly* more of a bump with round two, but not much:
Well, let me take that back - definitely more a bump with round two! Maybe it all the delicious food we've been making lately?!
Now then, this recipe really has nothing to do with 20, except that it took about 20 minutes to prep - so easy! Yesterday I marinated a flank stake in a fairly simple marinade, J grilled it, and we made these amazing Vietnamese Sandwiches! The leftover flanks steak = steak fajitas for dinner tonight! I love when I can find a great use for leftovers - in generally I LOATH leftovers. Jeremy usually ends up taking them to work because I want them out of of my house. But this one we must share, so good!
Vietnamese Steak Sandwiches
Adapted from Great Food Fast~Serves 4~
Flank Steak Lime Marinade
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes, or 2 super juicy (or "jui-she" as Owen says) ones like I had!)2 tbsp soy sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
2 tbsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Veggie or Olive Oil
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
1. In a resealable plastic bag combine the lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger and red pepper flakes. (I added Veggie Oil because all of my steak marinades call for oil and it helped with the grilling.) Add the steak and seal the bag, place it in a dish to catch any leaks. Marinate the steak in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes. (I marinated mine for at least 6 hours - what is 30 minutes going to do?)
Heat the grill to high; lightly oil the grates (which is not necessary if you splashed a little oil in the marinade). Remove the steak from the marinade, letting excess drip off, toss marinade. Season the steak with Salt and Pepper (we omitted and didn't miss!). Grill to desired doneness (6-8 minutes for med-rare, turning once). Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Sammies
1 large garlic clove, minced1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 carrots, grated
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 avocado (not called for, but totally worth it)
4 hero rolls (I used whole wheat)
1. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, sugar, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, and 1 tbsp water.
2. In another bowl, toss together the carrots, scallions, and cilantro leaves. Toss with half the vinegar mixture.
3. Slice and lightly toast the hero rolls. Layer with the carrot mixture and steak. (I added avocado - yum!) Drizzle with the remaining vinegar mixture, if desired.
DELISH, and super easy...NOT Owen tested :)
3 comments:
love your shirt idea! I may have to borrow it next time around.
Checking to see if this works.
This looks wonderful and your pictures are coming along beautifully!
Post a Comment